View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Watched the 2nd episode online before work this morning.

Since November/Melly/Madeline was used as a sleeper agent during her contract, I wondered if the 3 words Topher had her repeat were her "secret words" more than just some words he'd picked to check ehr cognitive abilities. Did anyone else think that?

No Boyd. Or I certainly didn't notice him. Boyd is awesome. We can't have Boyd-less episodes.

Still loving Alexis, though at times his own voice has a very nasal quality. I've said it before (and this makes yet another time), but I simply don't like it. And not merely because I wasn't used to it, but because I... don't like it.

I noticed the left side of his face (audience right) was in shadow at the beginning of the scene in his home office. Was that a concession to his Bell's Palsy? It wasn't a deep shadow, but I had read how season 5 of Angel had used a lot of those filming tricks.

Oh, and the Van Halen quote was funny to me, particularly in light of the more recent change in bass players.

I enjoyed Eliza's acting in this one, and while she did have a "ninja-mom" quality at the end (borrowing a phrase from Hulu), it seemed authentic to a desperate mother instead of a random excuse to show Eliza kicking butt.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote