View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #39
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
To quote the great Tommy Lee Jones in "MIB": A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
Thing about dumb animals is they can be corralled. Mostly people are sheep. They don't want to be, and they'll argue they aren't, but just watch all those people stand still for invasive personal searches to avoid the one in 80 million chance of a terrorist attack and try to tell me they aren't. Corralled sheep aren't that dangerous. They're mostly zombie-like.

But we will never know what will happen until the zombie apocalypse actually hits, and by then internet access will likely be too spotty for a solid round of 'told ya so'.

Quote:
I'd like to believe that better angels will prevail, but I think most post-apocalyptic fiction is working from a premise that's not too far off the mark.
Yeah, it's the more dramatic premise, so it's going to win. Even in that great American novel, The Stand, supernatural forces of good had to contend with Harold and Nadine.

I only picked on BSG 'cause they were literally astronauts, whether they liked it or not. SG:U does the same sort of thing, even though their infighting negatively affects them directly. Even more astronauts who miss the point, I guess.

Quote:
I don't care too much for Shane (not because he's sleeping with Lori, but just because he seems like an arrogant bully)...
Yeah? I mean, he was Rick's friend as well as his partner. I'd not think the birds are that differently feathered.

Quote:
Then again, I might not have just left Merle Dixon on the roof - I might have advocated tossing him over the side to better create a feeding distraction so the rest of us could escape.
TJ(?) is also an astronaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I've decided that when the ZA happens all of the astronauts, rocket scientist and overall Shledon Cooper's of the world will be locked up in a huge super-protected underground facility (or secret lair) waiting for the Zombies and Darwin Award's Candidates to ultimately kill each other off, before emerging to create a new and better society.
Who will eventually get around to collecting all those wonderful toys in all those wonderful military installations...

See? Now I'm doing it.