Thread: Twilight
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #51
Syn
insane clown girl

Dathan, I looked Saberhagen up, but I don't think that's the author. Thank you for trying though. It's really driving me nuts. I'll have to pester my brother about them again. Maybe he'll have a brainwave as to the titles or author?

Anyway, I finally read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse.

Twilight is okay. Not great, but okay. Easy to read. I read it all on Thanksgiving day, if that tells you anything. I like Edward, but he's so...buttoned up. I don't know. He's intense, but he leaves me cold. And Bella? Oh dear lord she is the whinest thing ever. I understand she's frail compared to the vampires, but seriously...ugh.

New Moon was better, but I really didn't like Edward in it. I loved Jacob, however, but I'm just predisposed to fall for any werewolf in any story ever. Bella was even whinier, even stupider in that one. And the plot went NOWHERE. Seriously, it was almost pointless.

However, that being said...I'm in love with Eclipse. THAT book wins my grudging respect, because I was soooo into it. Especially the Jacob bits. I'm in love with Jacob Black, through and through. My heart just breaks for him--he needs to be real and not sixteen. The parts with Edward and Jacob talking are my favorite. No wonder people like the series, if they're judging on that one alone.

I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet, but I've heard...not so good things, so I don't know if I even should. I probably will. No, I definitely will.

Haven't seen the movie yet either, but Robert Pattinson deserves an eye-down, so I probably will when it comes to the dollar cinema near me.