View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #37
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip
"What Do You Think They Should Have Done?"
To me it will always be the one Buffyverse since that was the first show and all other stuff that came after is in the same Verse if you will. Thats why I dont consider Buffy people in Angel or Angel people in Buffy as a crossover.
I'm sort of rewatching S1 DVD's and happened to catch Rm w/a Vu and Jane Espenson's commentary - she said something like, 'I look at the two shows as having the same roots but diverging from one another.' not a quote.

I always felt condescended to whenever a Buffy character showed up, the sole exception being Faith. Her story worked well in both universes, I thought. (I always thought she was slumming on Buffy. Faith was really more of an Angel character, IMO.)

My problem with S5 and the W&H takeover premise was that it didn't have very long legs. "Can you do good while working for evil?" Short answer: "No. Not without compromise." That's a fairly obvious situation, one more suited for a single episode or a movie than as a season. It's like in 'You're Welcome,' Cordy wakes up so that she can, what? Put Angel back on track? Thing was, he was back on track when he quit W&H. (I wish in that final scene, when Angel is putting on his coat, Cordy would've said, "no not that coat, your other coat.")

My solution: W&H should've stayed dead in S4, and give him a whole new adversary instead.

Last edited by rolandro; 03-10-2005 at 02:08 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote