View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Athlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I sometimes wonder if Fury or Whedon or any of the others know how offensive it is to say "well, we really SMG, but she said no so we settled for CC." Offensive to CC to be considered second choice and offensive to, not C/A fans, not *just* C/A fans, but to AtS fans in general who weren't that interested in the lead of another show mucking up AtS' one hundred. Did they ever consider that by putting SMG in there, it's saying that AtS couldn't stand on its own and needed SMG to make it 'special'? Or that a girl who hadn't been in Angel's life for a solid FIVE years would be able to get him 'back on track' while the woman he loved languished in an unseen, barely acknowledged, coma?

But then again, I am talking about the geniuses who gave the world "The Girl in Question". *spits*
I love your coment!
That was one of the things that eventually drove me away from the show. JW and company were so caugh up in this ridicously Romeo and Juliet/Angel&Buffy nonsense that sometimes I felt I was watching another show. Did they ever heard or character development??????!!!!!!
It's like the relationships in Angel and the growth the characters had in five seasons didn't existed at all! Maybe they thought they were commiting some sort of mortal sin by letting Angel be a show on its own, or maybe they just thought that ALL fans would prefer an imposible love*sneer*relationship than an actually grown up real love relationship, either way, Joss might be a genius when it comes to create worlds, but when it comes to character development he's such a 12 years old!

”Cordelia, I’m gonna fix this. Promise. I’m gonna get you back. I need you back“-Angel

"...Hope. I have hope or I have nothing"-John
Farscape
Athlantis is offline   Reply With Quote