Thread: Iron Man
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #27
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
Well, I don't know all of the whys and what fors, but basically what it boils down to is that Aunt May was on the verge of dying, and Mafisto told Peter that he could spare Aunt May's life, but it would cost him Mary Jane. Peter took the deal, so his and MJ's marriage has been erased like it never even happened. Or something like that.

Guys, help me out here.
That's basically the gist. Peter and Mary Jane's marriage has always been my favorite comic book romance/relationship. Don't get me wrong, Spidey's books have always been best when Peter was miserable and stressed from his non-hero life, but I seriously am not happy about stripping him of Mary Jane. I'm so used to them being married with her supporting him and enabling him to be a hero despite many and varied obstacles that I'm not sure I can stomach what I feel is a thinly disguised retcon. It feels as wrong to me as Angel felt with Cordy gone...

I should point out that this was also MJs decision, Peter didn't just up and decide to give her up on his own. It also is worth mentioning that in this new version of the book, Spidey has met up with a red haired costumed vigilante that he suspects is MJ.

RIP Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
RIP Michael Turner, 1971-2008
RIP Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
--This year sucks
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote