View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
It's not that I ever 'chose' DC over Marvel. I started reading comics as a kid because of Superman, and then I would gradually buy other titles by DC...WW, Teen Titans, occasionally Batman. I didn't pay attention to Marvel, so I'm extremely unfamiliar with Marvel characters on the whole. And the ones I've 'gotten to know', I'm just not that interested in them. They were very human and fallible and they faced a lot of prejudice. DC heroes, at least as much as I was aware of as a kid, were shiny and always right and the lines were a little more clear. Their choices were never presented as anything but heroic and right. As a kid, I liked that.
I'm actually at the other end of the spectrum. I started buying Marvel comics (X-Men) as a teen and pretty much stuck with Marvel as an adult. The reason I prefer Marvel to DC is that their heroes are fallible, human, and face prejudice.

Superman is too powerful and too good to be interesting. In fact (with DC) I tend to find Batman and Green Arrow much more interesting DC heroes than Supes and of course Lobo and Harley Quinn but I doubt either of those count as heroes.

I'll watch both Marvel and DC movies and I pretty much judge them based on the story. I hated X-3 and Wolverine Origins with a passion, loved TDK and Iron Man movies, haven't seen Thor or X-First Class yet (waiting for DVD no matter what people say). For some reason Green Lantern just doesn't look good to me but it's getting some great reviews, I'm also a bit torn, I want Ryan R to have a hit movie but I want him to do the Deadpool movie (as long as FOX keeps their grubby suits away from the script).