View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #72
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
She ...it.
Dude - you should have jumped in and grabbed "Expecting", and left Jheira to someone else.

Moving right along to I've Got You Under My Skin. Creepiest kid, ever. Well, creepiest kid in Season 1, in any event.

Cordy bakes brownies! In more interesting news, she displays (not for the first time) the keen insight into Angel's character that no one else has ever shown. She presses him on the Doyle issue, because she knows he's not over it. And, not for the last time, Angel opens up to her in a way that he never has before. He's never been this comfortable with anyone, and it shows.

Great comedy scene with Cordy at the magic shop buying the Ethros box. It was all about timing and delivery:

Quote:
Cut to Rick’s Majick ‘n’ Stuff. Cordy is looking over some wooden boxes sitting on shelves around the store.
Rick crosses his hands and bows: “Blessed be.”
Cordy: “Uh-huh. I need an Ethros box.”
Rick: “A lady who knows what she wants. Commendable.”
Cordy: “Yes, I’m great. Just pop it in a bag and I’m out of here.”
Rick: “I don’t have one.”
Cordy: “You don’t have one. (Rick shakes his head) Well, (Cordy looks around then points at a box on a shelf behind Rick) what’s that?”
Rick: “Good eye. That’s a Shorshack box.”
Cordy: “What’s the diff?”
Rick takes the box down: “About 20 Dollars, and it’s not available in a mahogany finish.”
Cordy: “Looks the same. Handcrafted by blind Tibetan monks?”
Rick opens the box: “Pieced together by mute Chinese nuns. Now that’s craftsmanship.”
Cordy: “Look, I have an Ethros demon and I need a place to put it. Will this work?”
Ultimately, this ep was more about Wesley than Cordy, but it still featured some great classic Cordy scenes.

And I'm glad you guys are enjoying the analysis. Special thanks should go out to SamIAm and Bert for wading through some particularly eye-roll-worthy B/A episodes.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote