View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 06:16 PM   #22
Angelia

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
I just love that confused look Angel gets on his face when he's dealing with Cordelia in "City Of". It's a look that will be around for most of season 1, and I love it. If you ask me, trying to "get" Cordelia is part of what humanized Angel. So often, the other people in his life were happy to let him brood and be stand-offish. But not Cordy. Working with Cordy every day, he almost had to open up and loosen up.
You know I was just re-reading a story yesterday that I hadn't read in a while called Cute Little Flaws by Jackson that to me really captures S1 Cordy and Angel and what you just described. The story also kinda reminded me of the scene where Cordy tells him he can't fire her because she's Vision Girl and sticks her tongue out at him and despite himself he can't help but smile. If you like that story you can find more stories by Jackson over at Nothing To Hide.

I can't believe how excited I am about being able to see AtS everyday on the air even though I have the DVD's and can watch them anytime I want. The only thing I'm not liking is where they're putting the commercial breaks. They're not putting them in the usual places and so some of the scene changes seem kind of abrupt. There's something I noticed during "City Of" when Cordy is at Russell Winters house and they start shooting and Angel picks her up and jumps over the bannister. I don't think I've ever seen anybody else bring it up and I'm wondering if I'm just seeing things. Has anybody else noticed that Cordy's shoes change during that scene? When Angel first picks her up in his arms she has on one pair of sandals but when he turns around to jump over the bannister it's a totally different pair. I know it's really trivial but could someone else check out that scene and let me know what they see.

And I still can't understand how Angel and Doyle didn't know it was an angel on the business cards. Why the hell would they think she'd put a bird or a butterfly on the card? It looked like an angel to me. I love watching the scene in the club where she's handing out the cards and she says that one line to the guy about his lazy eye.

As for the Kate situation I'm kinda between Canadia and LaLa. I was pretty indifferent to her until as LaLa put it she took the "You're a vampire, therefore, I must hate you" thing to the extreme.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote