Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements/Help (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Summer Cleanup 2010: Please read! (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22120)

Penny Century 06-22-2010 11:35 AM

Summer Cleanup 2010: Please read!

Hey, teen gang - just a quick note about a few tweaks and board improvements that will occur over the next two or three weeks.

I've finally identified some of the scripting issues that have interfered with certain board functions such as the click-to-use emoticons and the Quick Links pop-up menu, among others. The fixes will require some moderately involved template tweaking that I plan to start this weekend (June 26-27).

You may notice some odd behaviors or strange changes in board appearance while I work with this. TRUST ME, I DON'T INTEND TO LEAVE THE BOARD GREEN AND WHITE. Or blue and white, for that matter. Stay frosty, and I swear to God the fully integrated lavender-and-gray glory will return.

The updates involve five custom templates and a fair handful of ST-specific styles for headers, footers, menus, etc. I'll let you know when I'm finished working on each, and when I'm finished with all five. Once I'm done, I'll ask for a punch list on which everyone can make note of any leftover issues with appearance or functionality.

As always, I'm grateful for your patience. Thnkewdrivthruplz.

DamnSkippy 06-23-2010 07:22 PM

Thanks for the notice and the tweaking. I know it must be a pain in the butt to spend weekend time doing it, but we will love you forever and ever. Well, more than we already do. :)

starlet2367 06-25-2010 08:32 PM

Pen, you rock.

Penny Century 06-29-2010 05:05 PM

Okay, now is the time when you guys help me.

Go to the bottom of any ST page. See that drop-down menu in the lower left corner? That's where you choose your forum style.

Visit there now and choose the style called "vBulletin 3.8 Default - Got Charisma?" Then click around as you would on any ST visit. Click the Reply box in any thread and see if you can access the smilies (you don't have to actually post). Also, check the utility bar beneath the masthead and make sure the pop-up menus are working as they should.

Please make note of any problems in the look and feel and post them here. Don't forget to include your browser name and version number when you do.

Thank you for reading this message!

Angela 06-29-2010 06:06 PM

No smilies for me, but I'm on Firefox. Does that make a diff?

Penny Century 06-29-2010 08:21 PM

:9mm: Hmmm...I'm posting this from Firefox right now, and the smilies work for me. Are you in the Got Charisma? style for vB 3.8? It's at the bottom of the Styles list. :eee:

tojoson 06-29-2010 08:59 PM

:beer::bounce::judge:

Drop downs are working too. Great

I'm running windows 7, using Firefox 3.6.6

Everything also works in IE version 8

Penny Century 06-29-2010 09:28 PM

^^ w00t! Thanks, Tojoson!

Penny Century 06-30-2010 09:49 AM

Any more comments? Suggestions? I'll wait until Saturday to apply the new code across all the existing templates so we can get everything in. Thanks!

tojoson 06-30-2010 10:22 AM

I notice that in the public profiles, the information is now under tabs instead of being all on one page.

I kinda liked it all on one page, I don't think anyone here has so much info that it requires tabs.

Not really a big thing, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Livvie 06-30-2010 12:06 PM

Using IE8 and everything is working so well. I'm so happy to have the formatting bar back. SO HAPPY!

I will try it in Opera later (though I think not many people use it?)

Angela 06-30-2010 01:56 PM

:happy-clap::razz::eee::horn:

Yep, I'm good. I was in the first "Got Charisma?" and didn't realize there was a second one at the bottom. So nice to have the smilies back!!

Penny Century 06-30-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tojoson (Post 395577)
I notice that in the public profiles, the information is now under tabs instead of being all on one page.

I kinda liked it all on one page, I don't think anyone here has so much info that it requires tabs.

Not really a big thing, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I just looked around in the options panel, and I don't find one for turning off the tabs in the User Profile. Sorry - I'll keep checking, though.

Thanks to everyone for helping to vet the new scripting. This may turn out to be easier than I thought!

DamnSkippy 07-01-2010 09:47 PM

Oh, wow! Just...thanks. :hands:

I'm so verklempt with the happiness!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...chairtwirl.gif

*hugs board* I've missed you so. :dance::bounce::mush:

SamIAm 07-02-2010 07:36 AM

Well, that was odd. I clicked on the Your Profile link under Quick Links, and after much churning and cogitating, I ended up right back here. Only happened once though. And for the record, I like the tabs.

But smilies on Firefox? More likely than you'd think.

:happy-clap::poed::horn::iamsmilin