Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   Charisma Carpenter (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rachel Bilson as Wonder Woman (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20725)

psychofilly 09-15-2006 07:39 AM

Rachel Bilson as Wonder Woman

So... I was driving to work today and the radio did an interview with Rachel Bilson. Summer from the OC? Anyway, she confirmed that she had been cast as Wonder Woman. I hadn't seen this around so I thought I'd let you guys know.

MissWera 09-15-2006 07:49 AM

Oh...no no no! I really hope this isn't true....

Morrigan 09-15-2006 08:05 AM

Who? Eh.. ;)

SamIAm 09-15-2006 08:19 AM

Warner Brothers is refusing to confirm or deny reports that Bilson has been signed for the role, so it remains in the rumor pile.

psychofilly 09-15-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm
Warner Brothers is refusing to confirm or deny reports that Bilson has been signed for the role, so it remains in the rumor pile.

Maybe, but they asked her point blank about it, and she agreed that she had been cast, but that she couldn't say anything about it yet. They had her on 104.1 KRBE, and you would think she would say, no that's a rumor if she hadn't been cast.

ETA: I checked their website, but they don't have anything up that could confirm it. They had her on the "celebrity scoop" segment that they do. Usually, they just read from the entertainment rags, but every once in a while, they do whatever interviews that they can get, and she was on the phone with them. Now, I have no clue where they got the info, all I know is that she confirmed it.

SamIAm 09-15-2006 08:59 AM

Well, I think it's true, but WB still hasn't confirmed it.

v120176 09-15-2006 09:27 AM

I don't know how to express myself on this...... I think the puking smile-face is not enough. Is there some gif like, you know, Linda Blair at the Exorcist spinning her head and trowing up green vomit in a very violent way? That could me more similar to my reaction to this.

I knew CC was not going to get the role (I thought she could be a good villian) but Bilson as WW? It's like casting Clay Aiken as Superman...

JoJo 09-15-2006 09:58 AM

I knew it, Joss is going to 'Whedonize' WW into a teenager who makes lame quips while fighting. I wonder who her anorexic babbling sidekick will be?

Platypus 09-15-2006 10:53 AM

I've never watched a single episode of the OC, but I've seen pictures of Bilson lately in the promotional material for Zach Braff's new picture, "The Last Kiss", and she seems like the typical WB waif-like brunette. Nothing very amazon about her.

But, I don't really care, as I still doubt the movie will get made, and even if it does, I wouldn't see anything Joss Whedon put on screen. And there was never any chance that CC was going to get the part (which is why it made me so sad every time she gave a media interview saying she wanted it), because even if the studio heads had agreed (unlikely, they would have wanted a younger actress with teen appeal), Joss would have fought for his Firefly actresses like Summer Glau and Morena Baccarin (sp?) way before he fought for CC.

tojoson 09-15-2006 12:10 PM

she's like 5' 3 1/2 "

some amazon

who are they going to get to play Steve Trevor? Gary Coleman

it's all right with me though, cause with jass's 're-invisioning' on the story, i think the movie will be a huge failure

i would rather see CC in the Pam Ewing part in the Dallas movie anyway

Angela 09-15-2006 03:50 PM

It's been a while, but it still works.

What Plat said. ™

MsT05 09-15-2006 11:40 PM

She's far too small to play WW. Ugh. What do these people have against physically strong women?

argel 09-16-2006 01:35 AM

She's a nice girl and all, very pretty, but she has zero physical presence. There's no way in hell she would inspire villains to cower in fear. She's all wrong for it.

***argel***

rainy 09-16-2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan
Who? Eh.. ;)

Again with the "WHO??"

Gabriella 09-16-2006 02:47 PM

Hmm, she seems a little too young and too high school biatch for the role. I got a little kick the other day when my friend who's never watched BTVS or ATS in her life goes, 'That girl you like from <i>Angel</i> would be good as Wonder Woman.'

;)

GRR. Asshat... Also - Bilson is NOT unknown. Aside from to Morrigan and rainy. ;) She's Summer Roberts off <i>The OC</i>.