Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   Charisma Carpenter (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kristin Talked to Charisma... (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19420)

Catherine 07-24-2005 02:19 PM

Kristin Talked to Charisma...

Kristin has been posting when she gets any scoops at the TCA press tour.

http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Board...spa?forumID=16

"Told me she was up for Bonnie Somerville's role on Kitchen Confidential ... as BRADLEY COOPER's LOVE INTEREST (yes, no better role) but that Gail Berman put the kabash on her hiring, then left five days later.

Love CC. She'll tell me anything.

Also is DYING to play Wonder Woman. And looking ridiculously hot for a new mom.

More when I get a chance to transcribe!"

Platypus 07-24-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine
"Told me she was up for Bonnie Somerville's role on Kitchen Confidential ... as BRADLEY COOPER's LOVE INTEREST (yes, no better role) but that Gail Berman put the kabash on her hiring, then left five days later.

Gail Berman? Hmmm.

Thanks Catherine!

Lovin' Lorne 07-24-2005 03:52 PM

Who's Gail Berman?

Kit 07-24-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
Who's Gail Berman?

I think she was one of the executive producers of "Angel" and "Buffy".

Either way, I'm glad CC landed on VM and all but this still makes me angry.

Kika 07-24-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
Who's Gail Berman?

She was the Entertainment President at Fox. I believe she was also listed as an exec producer on both Buffy and Angel.

v120176 07-24-2005 04:04 PM

Sorry but no Enligh speaker here.... what "kabash" means, I think I undestand what she's meaning, but I'd love the exact translate. Also why Gail Berman would be against her? I know Berman was a part of ME or related to them, am I right?

I feel bad about her wanting so much do a movie that Joss is doing the script and directing. And I feel bad that she will be probably out for being old. I mean, Whedon said he wanted an almost teen version, and CC looks so much younger than her age, but not that much.

ETA: thanks for the confirmation about Berman/ME relation. I was writing and I didn't see it

And I forgot Brendon was at KC too! I loved those the scenes with those two

Platypus 07-24-2005 08:21 PM

Gail Berman was a Fox executive that was heavily involved in the development of BTVS at the beginning. She was less involved in AtS, if I recall correctly.

I do remember a lot of Spike and Spuffy fans speculating that part of the reason that Joss may have been artificially keeping Bangel on life support the last few years of BTVS was because of pressure from Berman and Fox - they wanted to keep the B/A relationship alive because they believed (falsely, I think) that the future of the franchise (i.e. the cartoon version, book tie-ins, etc.) depended on having that kind of star-crossed lovers thing going on, and that Spike and Spuffy was less sell-able to the pink bedroom demographic.

I don't know too much else about her, except that as a biased fan I think she's a beyotch if she's the only thing that kept CC from being cast on that sitcom. :)

v120176 07-24-2005 08:27 PM

I read something that made me think. Nick was casted first for this sitcom. I read that some producers don't like have two or more people from the cast of another serie, when those actors have too much identification with the serie they worked before. Maybe for a guest appereance, but not as regular.
Maybe was that the case? Because I can understand that. It's like casting CC or Julie Benz for the role of Dechanel on Bones with DB...

Mr.Brightside 07-24-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine
Kristin has been posting when she gets any scoops at the TCA press tour.

http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Board...spa?forumID=16

Love CC. She'll tell me anything.

Also is DYING to play Wonder Woman. And looking ridiculously hot for a new mom.

More when I get a chance to transcribe!"

Thanks Catherine! I really wish she would play Wonder Woman.

jerry 07-24-2005 08:52 PM

The actual word is 'kibosh', btw. Meaning, essentially, 'veto'.

v120176 07-24-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry
The actual word is 'kibosh', btw. Meaning, essentially, 'veto'.

that was I thought, but I wanted to know if it was right.

LaLa247 07-24-2005 09:06 PM

Wow. How grade school. I hate FOX.

But, speaking of childish, I'm still hoping Whedon gets fired from directing WW and Robert Rodriquez takes over.

Mr.Brightside 07-24-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLa247

But, speaking of childish, I'm still hoping Whedon gets fired from directing WW and Robert Rodriquez takes over.

No, I wouldn't want Whedon to be fired. Even though I don't like him alot, for some obvious reasons.

aikakone 07-24-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLa247

What LaLa Said (tm).

I loves me Robert Rodriguez. Robert? Charisma? Same movie? :love: YES, PLEASE!

Lovin' Lorne 07-24-2005 10:50 PM

I don't think Joss is ever going to get WW off the ground. I haven't seen a word about it since it was announced.