Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter, is killed at 44 (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20704)

misbegotten3 09-04-2006 01:53 AM

Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter, is killed at 44

It just came over the wire that Steve Irwin, AKA the Croc Hunter was killed on location while shooting a documentary at Batt Reef off Port Douglas. While filming, he was stung by the barb of a Stingray through either his heart or his side. The film crew called an emergency helicopter, by Mr. Irwin subcumed before treatment could be given.

Best known for his television show "CROCK HUNTER", Irwin was 44 years old.

Angela 09-04-2006 01:58 AM

Wow. I have to say I'm quite shocked. My niece watches his movie over and over. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children.

Andromeda7_4 09-04-2006 07:40 AM

I can't really say I'm surprised.
I always thought he could be pretty reckless around animals. I remember his crazy behavior feeding that crocodile with his baby in his other hand- it made me shudder!
But I am very sorry for his family.

Morrigan 09-04-2006 08:47 AM

pity he's got such a young kid.

LadyFireHorse 09-04-2006 09:30 AM

TWO little kids. The boy is almost 3 and the girl is 8 and a bigtime "daddy's girl".

rainy 09-04-2006 11:09 AM

Amazing. Looks like it was a one-in-a-million thing. Usually not a fatal sting, it put a hole in his heart and there was nothing they could have done.

Morrigan 09-04-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFireHorse
TWO little kids. The boy is almost 3 and the girl is 8 and a bigtime "daddy's girl".

you know I didn't know about the second kid until I read the article. I remember watching the show a few years ago, back whe his daughter was like 3 or 4; I can't believe she's 8 now.

cherelli 09-04-2006 01:00 PM

I feel terrible. I watched him with my son for years. My son was about 10 years old when he started watching the show. He is now 18. My heart goes out to his family.

Temujin 09-04-2006 03:02 PM

I figured an animal would eventually kill him.

Just didn't expect it to be an ocean-dwelling one.

Shadow4Corangela 09-04-2006 03:25 PM

I'm really, really shocked at this bit of news. I had to do a double take and see if I misread the news. :(

And after rescuing such dangerous things as crocodiles and snakes it's a shame that he could die from such a small and rare thing.

My prayers are with his family and loved ones.

aikakone 09-04-2006 08:27 PM

I've been in a funk about this all day. It was the first thing I found out about when I woke up this morning. Back at the end of May I'd gone to Australia for about 3 weeks. One of the many touristy things I did was visit the Australia Zoo in Beerwah, and in a small way I associated him with a pleasant aspect of my trip.

His images are all over the zoo, including a giant Steve puppet-thingy (like the Disney characters at those theme parks). I wonder now if those will be taken away or if the physical environment of the zoo will be changed. It's not that I don't care about his wife and kids. I do! It's just that at times I have a mind for the mundane, and I wondered about that.

***Nikki*** 10-01-2006 09:08 PM

you cant be shoked cause he should of know it was coming
it kind of is sad but us humans just got to learn from it
and get over it