Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   TV Party! (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Walking Dead (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22203)

SamIAm 03-31-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnSkippy (Post 400338)
I find I'm not really enjoying their stay in Alexandria. It's been tense and suspenseful, but I don't like my gang so unsure of themselves and feeling awkward. Carol seems to be the only one working this town for all it's worth, but as fun as that is, it doesn't get rid of this unease I feel for the rest of them. And I can't really say there are any Alexandrians I like. I just hope the finale deaths consist of 100% Alexandrians.

I've really liked this arc, far more than the infamous 'year at the farm' arc. Seeing just how far out Rick and the others had gone compared to those in the relative security of Alexandria has been enlightening, and seeing them finally getting to gripes with their new circumstances works for me. I think this has been the best season since the first.

Liked seeing Morgan come back just in time for him to wonder if maybe Rick's on the crazy train now. I hope he sticks around for a while.

DamnSkippy 04-04-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 400341)
I've really liked this arc, far more than the infamous 'year at the farm' arc.

I guess it really takes all kinds to enjoy a show. :) I liked the farm arc and I think I can say I liked it better than Alexandria. I wanted them to go to Alexandria, but I didn't know they were going to be so out-of-place and apeshit crazy about it all. But I'm just happy now that none of my favorites died...'til season 6 at least.

SamIAm 07-10-2015 02:45 PM

TWD stars up again on October 11 with a 90-minute episode. There's a write-up and a trailer from ComicCon here. If killing zombies is your thing, looks like it's gonna be your season.

DamnSkippy 07-14-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 400382)
TWD stars up again on October 11 with a 90-minute episode. There's a write-up and a trailer from ComicCon here. If killing zombies is your thing, looks like it's gonna be your season.

That was disturbing...and a bit confusing. But it was hella full of zombies for sure.

JoJo 07-30-2015 01:19 PM

Everybody ate Chris! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

I hope they leave Alexandria soon. I just don't like that plotline for some reason.

SamIAm 08-27-2015 12:23 PM

Any love for Fear the Walking Dead? I thought it spent a lot of time telling, not showing, but there's reason to hope it's going to be a really good show.

Morrigan 08-28-2015 08:16 PM

I thought it was really boring and dragged out. I don't think they needed 90 minutes to tell that story. However, the previews for the rest of the season look good and it's a short season so I'll keep watching.

SamIAm 09-01-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan (Post 400389)
I thought it was really boring and dragged out. I don't think they needed 90 minutes to tell that story.

Pilotitis is my guess. This last episode at least moved along some, even though I did lose track of who was where at times. OTOH, the previews for this season of TWD during the episode look great.

SamIAm 10-12-2015 07:52 AM

Awesome cold open and a metric butt-load of walkers. TWD is off to an excellent start. Needs more Carol, but what'cha gonna do?

DamnSkippy 10-15-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 400407)
Awesome cold open and a metric butt-load of walkers. TWD is off to an excellent start. Needs more Carol, but what'cha gonna do?

ITA. It was definitely a strong premiere.

I loved the Carol-Morgan scene. As if anyone with Rick's group from the beginning would not be badass. Good thing the Alexandrians don't think that way.

SamIAm 10-23-2015 03:44 PM

Took forever to get to this week's episode. At first I thought they were trying to put me to sleep as a contrast the premiere, but dude, it got interesting again. Gotta say though, how Morgan managed to get by this long with his new-found let'em all live philosophy is puzzling.

Morrigan 10-25-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 400410)
Took forever to get to this week's episode. At first I thought they were trying to put me to sleep as a contrast the premiere, but dude, it got interesting again. Gotta say though, how Morgan managed to get by this long with his new-found let'em all live philosophy is puzzling.

It probably works for him, since he's a nomad and on his own. He either intimidates them away or incapacitates them long enough to get away. He doesn't have to worry about protecting others or a town/community.

Of course the question is how long has he been a pacifist? What happened to Morgan between Clear and when we saw him last season?

I didn't watch the premiere but last weeks episode was outstanding. Loved everything about Carol and im fascinated by the different moral philosophies of Carol and Morgan.

The most surreal moment of the episode was Carl calmly taking the casserole out of the oven after the Wolves threats was over

SamIAm 10-27-2015 09:46 AM

They cannot have done what it looks like they just did. And even if they did do it, I chose to believe they didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan (Post 400411)
It probably works for him, since he's a nomad and on his own. He either intimidates them away or incapacitates them long enough to get away. He doesn't have to worry about protecting others or a town/community.

That was the only thing I could come up with. Even so, we've had Rick and company chased by other groups on occasion though out the series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan (Post 400411)
Of course the question is how long has he been a pacifist? What happened to Morgan between Clear and when we saw him last season?

It would appear they'll be showing us Morgan's history next week, so maybe some light will be shined on this.

Belle Melange 10-29-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 400413)
They cannot have done what it looks like they just did. And even if they did do it, I chose to believe they didn't.

I think they did. My Uncle is in deep denial and has come up with many a crazy theory about how they could write themselves out of it.

SamIAm 10-31-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle Melange (Post 400415)
I think they did. My Uncle is in deep denial and has come up with many a crazy theory about how they could write themselves out of it.

Oh, I'm sure they did do it, but I'm choosing to believe an alternate reality.