Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   Movie Mania! (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21925)

Childe of Blade 06-24-2009 02:17 PM

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Well, the reviews are in, and they're NOT good.

Apparently the leash has been chewed through and Bay has taken all of his bad film habits to the extreme. Bodily functions, explosions, stereotypes. It all points to a parody of a film.

No matter how much this makes at the box office, this franchise is dead.

Morrigan 06-24-2009 10:06 PM

Everyone I know that saw it today said it was great so I'll reserve judgment until I actually see it tomorrow.

superscar 06-24-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childe of Blade (Post 392319)

No matter how much this makes at the box office, this franchise is dead.

Actually, that number is really all that matters. There will be a third. It won't be good, but it will exist.

Also, I didn't feel it sucked as hard as Terminator.

Penny Century 06-25-2009 10:45 AM

After the way critics savaged the shockingly awesome Speed Racer last summer, I'll take their consensus with a pillar of salt.

That said, I think one Transformers movie was enough for me, personally.

Morrigan 06-25-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny Century (Post 392334)
After the way critics savaged the shockingly awesome Speed Racer last summer, I'll take their consensus with a pillar of salt.

That said, I think one Transformers movie was enough for me, personally.

You know, because of you, I tried so hard to watch Speed Racer on cable the other day and I could barely get past the first 20 minutes it was just bad, IMO. Then again, I've heard people rave up and down about how awesome The Wrestler was and I was bored out of my mind.

I really think good/bad is all a matter of opinion. I liked Transformers 2 quite a bit. Yeah there was some cheese factor and some horribly bad jokes but on the whole the good aspects of the movie out weighed the bad.

Oh and Michael Bay needs to lay-off the slow-mo, it was bad in the first one it was rediculously over-done in this movie. Really he should have his director title taken away for slow-mo abuse.

Penny Century 06-25-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan (Post 392335)
You know, because of you, I tried so hard to watch Speed Racer on cable the other day and I could barely get past the first 20 minutes it was just bad, IMO.

See, I loved the first 20 minutes because of the way all the dovetailing flashbacks set up the central characters and conflicts right in the middle of the current action (a big race). I thought it was a really radical way to tell the story, and that all the individual reveals were brilliant. But I've found out that the whole Thunderhead sequence will either leave you cold or suck you in completely. I guess I was sucked in completely.

As for the new Transformers, I think it's a wait-for-cable option for me, but I'm not going to avoid it deliberately because of Rotten Tomatoes or anything.

Aerynv 06-25-2009 02:27 PM

I saw it opening night, in my opinion, it was a good movie. Lots of action that would be better to see in the movie and it was funny. I would see go see it.

superscar 06-25-2009 09:13 PM

Honestly, unless you have a really big ass TV and awesome surround sound, waiting for video is a total waste of time for this movie - you'll be losing the GOOD PARTS!

Platypus 07-05-2009 12:54 AM

Man, did that suck out loud.

The only good part of that entire movie was that the sound went funny for the last half hour or so (it felt like 3 hours, it was that never-ending), and so they handed out free movie passes to everyone on the way out. At least this way I'll get another, better movie for my money and I can pretend I saw this one for free.

Childe of Blade 07-05-2009 12:26 PM

TF@ 2nd weekend estimate: 42,500,000

I hated this film and even that was lower than I was expecting for the 4th of July weekend. I had it at 48 mill.

Maybe this film isn't as Word-of-Mouth proof as some thought.

Syn 07-13-2009 12:13 PM

I didn't hate Transformers 2, but I didn't like it as much as the first one. And I was kind of shocked at how much cursing there was in it. Normally that wouldn't bother me (I'm a champion curser, after all), but we went to the drive-in with three kids to see this, and it was just so unnecessary. I didn't think the Mom getting stoned on pot brownies was necessary either, but whatever.

Michael Bay needs to pull it back some.

(and I'm still with you, Penny...the Thunderhead sequence rocks! totally sucks me in, every time)