Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements/Help (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Server issues and new members (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22101)

Livvie 05-23-2010 12:16 PM

Server issues and new members

I don't know if anyone has been getting this but lately, whenever I try to load ST, I get a server busy error message. I've been getting it just about any time I try to visit, even really late at night. Just wondering if anyone else was getting that message.

Also, I had a few people from Livejournal and YouTube tell me they have tried to register (via the emailing method) and haven't gotten anything back about registration. With Buffy on MTV/Logo and Angel still on TNT, there have been a lot of new C/Aers popping up with no place to chill out. :)

Thanks in advance for everything you do, Penny. It is appreciated more than you know.

tojoson 05-24-2010 09:33 PM

As Artie Johnson would say

"Veedy irritating."

DamnSkippy 05-24-2010 10:02 PM

Yup, big time server issues. I hope they can be resolved because I miss coming here as much as possible. :D

Angela 05-24-2010 10:30 PM

I get that error message all the time too. I've gotten it late at night before, but it's only recently that I'll also get it during the daytime.

Helena 05-25-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livvie (Post 395168)
I don't know if anyone has been getting this but lately, whenever I try to load ST, I get a server busy error message. I've been getting it just about any time I try to visit, even really late at night. Just wondering if anyone else was getting that message.

Thanks in advance for everything you do, Penny. It is appreciated more than you know.

Me too!!
It has been like that for months.

I love, love to come here!! :)
So I hope it can be fixed :)

tojoson 05-26-2010 10:39 PM

Well, after the great amount of up-time we had yesterday, I thought maybe they were making progress toward solving the problem, but after today, (sigh)

Athlantis 05-27-2010 11:27 PM

I have the same problems since a long long while ago!!!

SamIAm 05-29-2010 07:48 AM

Yep, I get it a lot. Usually means I won't be able to get in again until the next day.

samsmom 05-30-2010 03:52 PM

I just got the "server is busy" screen right when I was posting a fic I just spent close to ten minutes coding for ST.

Not amused right now.

tojoson 05-30-2010 05:16 PM

Lately I save any big post to a file on my hard drive before trying to post it here, just in case.

Penny Century 06-01-2010 08:14 PM

This sounds like a host problem, and I can't say I've experienced it, but I've reset the board to a zero-warning level (i.e., it won't bother turning away traffic under heavy server load). Hopefully this won't be a problem down the road...!

Meanwhile, it's become such a Godawful spam-riddled hassle for new users to contact me for user names that I've re-enabled registration. All users who have contacted me now have manually created accounts. The plan is for reCAPTCHA to weed out the foreign spambot mail. Let's see if it works.

Updated board software on the way. Thnkudrivthru.

samsmom 06-01-2010 08:15 PM

You are beyond awesome, Penny. :D:D

Livvie 06-01-2010 08:25 PM

LOVE YOU, PENNY!

Seriously, what would we do without you? *hugs*

We were getting worried about you too. I hope everything is okay?

Penny Century 06-01-2010 08:51 PM

I've been insanely busy at work and life, but otherwise fine!

The spam, it burns, though. I just installed a software update and reactivated the auto-reg, so that should help.

Angela 06-01-2010 09:30 PM

Certainly seems to have fixed the problem for me! Thanks for the fix!