Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   TV Class Reunion! (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Greenwalt's Back (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22245)

SamIAm 01-29-2011 09:27 PM

Greenwalt's Back

Greenwalt's going to produce a new cop show for NBC, based on The Brothers Grimm fairytales.

Sounds odd, but odd can be good. And it absolutely can't be worse than that FBI thing Minear did.

DamnSkippy 01-29-2011 11:25 PM

Hmmm. Could be interesting. I'm fan enough of Greenie to check it out.

Syn 01-29-2011 11:50 PM

Modernized Brothers Grimm?

I'm there! :D

Morrigan 01-30-2011 08:58 AM

I'm curious, will keep an eye on it.

starlet2367 01-30-2011 09:08 AM

Greenwalt's back! Those two words made my day.

Didn't Supernatural start off similarly, following fairy tales and urban legends? Greenie has such imagination and heart, I'd follow him anywhere.

SamIAm 01-30-2011 01:47 PM

Hmm, seems to be a theme developing at NBC. Apparently they picked up a pilot for a magic cop show from Ron Moore a couple of weeks ago.

Angela 01-31-2011 12:28 AM

Ron Moore? Of BSG fame?

SamIAm 01-31-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela (Post 397167)
Ron Moore? Of BSG fame?

The one and only. Given how BSG ended Starbuck, Six, and Baltar, 'it's freakin' magic' should be right in his wheelhouse. ;)

Morrigan 01-31-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIAm (Post 397168)
The one and only. Given how BSG ended Starbuck, Six, and Baltar, 'it's freakin' magic' should be right in his wheelhouse. ;)

I like Ron Moore, he's be attached to quite a few of my favorite shows. Granted I think I the one person in this universe that actually liked the BSG finale so don't go by me ;)

Platypus 01-31-2011 03:37 PM

Ron Moore will always be Deep Space 9 to me, the closest thing to a perfect Star Trek series that ever was (or likely shall be) in the middle of its run. I didn't watch BSG so I bear him no ill will.

It's highly unlikely that NBC would actually pick up both of these concepts for the fall season (and maybe not even one of them), but I'd watch either/or based on the pedigree of both Greenwalt and Moore.

Angela 01-31-2011 11:00 PM

Surprisingly enough, I've mostly forgotten the finale, so I'm reading to get back on board with RDM. Unlike certain other shows, I didn't feel like I was ALWAYS getting hit over the head with BSG. It wasn't hit-or-miss, it was lots of hits, and the misses were mostly better than other shows' hits. Yeah, the ending sucked for me, but in the grand scheme of things I can let that go. I haven't rewatched any of it yet, but I will, and happily. Not with the bitterness I still associate with the Angel-verse, for example.

So bring on the RDM and Greenie!! Like Plat, I'll watch either one.

Platypus 02-15-2011 04:49 PM

If it makes a difference to anyone here in terms of "anticipation", apparently Jamie Bamber of BSG is set to start in Ron Moore's magic cop show pilot. I know who he is but don't have an opinion on him one way or another, but then again, as I've already said above, if it airs I will watch based on Ron Moore alone. I've always appreciated his ability (rare enough as it seems in Hollywood) to write strong female characters who are actually women and not just women acting like men, which I think was the case on BSG as well (but can't vouch for it there).

SamIAm 02-26-2011 03:08 PM

So anyway, back to Grimm, two new cast members have been signed.

Platypus 05-13-2011 10:19 AM

It looks like Greenwalt's show is being picked up for the fall (which probably means that Ron Moore's show is not, since I don't see NBC launching two similarly-themed shows.)

Good news for Greenie though! I'll definitely be checking it out.

Angela 05-13-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platypus (Post 397737)
It looks like Greenwalt's show is being picked up for the fall (which probably means that Ron Moore's show is not, since I don't see NBC launching two similarly-themed shows.)

Good news for Greenie though! I'll definitely be checking it out.

Well I'm sorry about the Bamber, but I suppose I can still watch him on L&O:UK. But good on Greenie!