Stranger Things Forum

Stranger Things Forum (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/index.php)
-   TV Class Reunion! (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   SMG New Pilot "Ringer" (http://www.stranger-things.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22244)

Morrigan 01-26-2011 11:23 AM

SMG New Pilot "Ringer"

SMG cast in a new CBS Pilot called "Ringer"

Ringer Scoop

Quote:

the show has only been described as drama about “a troubled young woman on the run who hides out by living the life of her wealthy twin sister, until she learns her sibling’s life has a bounty on it as well.”

SamIAm 01-26-2011 11:39 AM

Saw that. It sounds odd, just to pick a word. I may check it out.

Dannyblue 01-26-2011 03:32 PM

You know, there was a show back in the 90s about a guy who had to go on the run because of some pretty bad stuff his twin brother did that he ended up getting accused of. I can't remember what it was called. (If I find out it was called Twin or something like that, I'll give myself a nice smack on the forehead.) But it was very Fugitive-ish, and I remember being very into it for the one season it lasted.

Anyway, that show immediately sprung to mind when I read the description for Ringer. There are differences, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised of SMG's character ends up having to move from town to town every episode.

chorelle 01-26-2011 10:59 PM

It'll be nice to see SMG on TV again, though whether we get it here in Australia is another matter altogether.

Sounds pretty good anyway, I hope it works out alright.

Angela 01-27-2011 12:15 AM

Sounds an awful lot like many, MANY romantic suspense novels.

Which doesn't preclude me watching it. I have a bit of a yen for romantic suspense. Here's hoping the H is a fireman. Or maybe a super secret military black ops type. Ooooh, a super secret military black ops fireman!!

SamIAm 02-24-2011 07:58 PM

A script review of the pilot. Probably spoilery.

Morrigan 05-13-2011 05:01 PM

SMG is heading back to the WB...er UPN....er The CW

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/surp...cked-up-by-cw/

SamIAm 05-13-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan (Post 397742)
SMG is heading back to the WB...er UPN....er The CW

CWPNB.

The article's right; it probably is a better fit than it would be for CBS.

Cordy's Bitch 05-19-2011 11:09 PM

I'm glad she's got a new show if for no other reason than people might stop talking about Buffy.

I mean, damn. I know everyone here liked it, but I'm sick of it being treated as this kind of pop culture holy grail. It ended EIGHT years ago.

Just my opinion.

SamIAm 05-20-2011 07:27 AM

There's a promo and/or clip from the pilot on the CW site. I have to say after listening to the explanation of what this show is about, I still don't know what this show is about. But SMG is still the reigning queen of tears on command.

Livvie 05-21-2011 06:20 PM

They had a trailer on for it last night during Supernatural.

This is probably the only place I feel comfortable saying this but it looks awful. I don't know how they plan to sustain it as a series. A movie, I could see that.

I really hope I'm wrong because I agree with Cordy's Bitch. Let it go, people. Let. it. go.

Miss Kenton 05-21-2011 11:21 PM

Kelly, I seriously thought I was the only one who felt that way. Glad I'm not alone in thinking it doesn't look good at all.

tojoson 05-22-2011 11:40 AM

Well, CC's movie "Deadly Sibling Rivalry" is at it's core, the same story, 'One sister takes over the life of the other', so we should be able to compare.

Personally, I would put my money on the movie, not just because of CC, but I agree with you about being able to sustain the story over the life of a series.

I just hope they release the movie BEFORE the series, because regardless of when it was made, there will always be those who say CC is just copying SMG is her choice of strory.

Morrigan 05-22-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livvie (Post 397793)
They had a trailer on for it last night during Supernatural.

From what I've heard the pilot is horrible but CBS really liked SMG, that's why they dumped it to The CW.

aikakone 06-12-2011 10:14 PM

The 90s show of similar idea was called Two and starred the very lovely Michael Easton.

While I was catching up on episodes of a different CW show, I saw the previews to this one, and I couldn't help to be cynical. When SMG was crying, I kept seeing Buffy. I even posted on IMDb to say so. Now some might say that it's just me thinking of her most famous role. That could be it, but my honest first inclination was to wonder why in the last 8 years she hasn't grown as an actress.

Watching her cry as a character doesn't make me feel sympathy for her character but makes me want to mock the actress. Rude but true.